Carbon cloths & Activated Carbon Fabrics
Carbon cloth based GDLs have performance equal to that of conventional carbon papers. Carbon cloth is more practical than carbon paper because of its superior compressibility, elasticity, and flexibility performance, making it more appropriate for ongoing manufacturing and assembly processes. Carbon cloths with and without MPL can achieve the required performance and provide an alternative selection from carbon paper as GDL.
High Surface Area Activated Carbon Fabric
CAPLINQ offers the full range of Engineered Fibers Technology Gas Diffusion Layers (GDL) products. Please click here to get an overview of all the Gas Diffusion Layer products offered by EFT Fibers, or click on the following link to be directed immediately to the range of Porous Graphitized Sheets and Panel products.
Spectracarb 2225 Series Activated Carbon Fabric
Spectracarb™ 2225 Activated Carbon Fabric (ACF) is a high surface-area, drapeable cloth that is used in various electrochemical devices including ultracapacitors, electrical double layer capacitors, and battery electrodes. Spectracarb 2225 ACF also serves as the high surface area electrode in many electrochemical purification and electrosorption processes, as well as unique applications such as a carrier for thin film oxides in various devices. In addition to the commercial applications of Spectracarb ACF, its use continuous to be cited in numerous research programs and articles related to energy storage, purification and electrochemical processes.
Ultracapacitor performance and energy storage is a direct function of surface area available, and Spectracarb 2225 ACF meets that objective through the open pore structure of the carbon fibers. Because of the high tensile strength of both fibers and fabric, Spectracarb 2225 ACF is also being used in the development of structural electrochemical devices.
Product Selector Guide
Spectracarb GDL Porous Graphitized Paper and Panels
Please use the table below to select the product that best fits your requirements.
|Top of Page|
Engineered Fibers Technology GDL Products
Sold and Serviced by Caplinq Corporation
Advantages of EFT Fibers' Spectracarb 2225 Series Activated Carbon Fabric
The Spectracarb 2225 has the following special features:
- Woven fabric construction /no dusting
- One-hundred percent carbon fiber with no additional binders
- High surface area suited for specialty electrochemical and chemical filtration applications
- Highly effective energy storage
- Suitable for electrosorption processes
- High drape, conformability, rollable to very small radius
Spectracarb 2225 Series Sizes and Availability
Spectracarb 2225 ACF is available in continuous rolls 105 cm (42 in) wide, or in sizes as small as 300 x 300 mm for research and development projects. Custom sizes and other customer defined sizes and shapes, mmay also be available. Please ask us for details.
Spectracarb 2225 Activated Carbon Fabric Series Grades
- Spectracarb 2225-900: Standard grade 2225-900 is our base series activated carbon fabric used in electrochemcial devices including ultracapcitors, electrical double-layer capacitors and battery electrodes. The key property is the product's specific surface area (BET) which is measured to be 2,500 m²/g.
- Customer Specific Grades: It is also possible to make Hybrid constructions in the Multi-layer constructions. Contact us to discuss any special requirements, or for the design and production of grades for your specific requirement.