THE NO-NONSENSE SUMMARY: This position is intended for technical professionals who love to both be very organized and learn about new technologies and how our materials can be used in their applications. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will work closely with CAPLINQ’s suppliers to make sure that all product information is accurate, up-to-date, online, and readily available for both customers and the sales team. You also support these products technically, training sales and applications engineers to sell these products and ensuring that prices meet GM objectives.
- Add a minimum of 2 product categories & 100 products/year for the next 3 years
- All possible products from all existing suppliers and vendors are available online
- All products categories & products are updated and maintained with all relevant product & price info
CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES | Candidate is able to:
- Clearly articulate the products’ main features, and capture or create text and images to match
- Understand product technologies and effectively translate their USPs into marketing artifacts
- Work effectively with production & suppliers to get the required information to promote and sell products
- Work effectively with team members & teach, train, and support them on products, systems, and tools
- Ensure that product portfolio is current, complete, accurately priced correctly
- Recognize and develop suppliers & product categories that will profitably add to our product portfolio
Yes, you read that right – we’re looking for a SUPERSTAR. Our customers require technical information presented to them in a manner that they can comprehend and apply, and we are seeking someone who can both collect, produce and organize this type of information as well as teach and train the sales teams to provide this type of support.
To do this, you will work closely with the sales and marketing team as well as with our vendors, some of which are Chinese speaking, so it would be very helpful (though not an absolute requirement) if the person spoke any level of Mandarin.
As a fast-growing multinational, our products are used across a range of industries, including semiconductors, eMobility, renewable energy, and electronics assembly. Your success in this position will hinge on your ability to create and manage all product content, including descriptions, applications, prices, technical details, specifications, and selector guides. Ensuring accuracy and currency of online product information is a key responsibility. Your attention to detail and collaboration with vendors will be vital in effectively communicating product content.
Does this type of work inspire and motivate you? Then I encourage you to read on. If on the other hand, you’re already exhausted reading this, I recommend you take a nap and check out another job post.
So, what will you be doing?
The position and responsibility will grow along with you. As a small, but fast-growing company, the role will be exciting for you if you like working in a small team and having a lot of freedom to define your roles and responsibilities.
Broadly speaking, your work will revolve around the following three activities:
1. Work with suppliers and our own technical service to gather all available information (~40% of your time)
You will collaborate with suppliers and vendors to gather comprehensive information. This will involve proactively collecting data and documentation related to products, pricing, specifications, availability, and other crucial details.
Examples of activities:
- Collaborate with suppliers and vendors to gather comprehensive information.
- Proactively collect data and documentation related to products, pricing, specifications, availability, and other crucial details.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and vendors to facilitate effective communication and collaboration.
- Plan and execute tests at suppliers or third parties to ensure product quality and performance.
- Get test results from sales, technical service & suppliers, sanitize them, and repurpose them for Caplinq’s use.
2. Generate content online for both customers as well as for sales team (~30% of your time)
Collaborating with cross-functional teams, you will create online and customer-facing content, such as product descriptions, technical specs, user guides, and multimedia materials that will help customers understand both how our products work and how they can be used in customer applications.
Examples of activities:
- Work with suppliers, sales, and technical service to create product descriptions that accurately convey product features and benefits.
- Create product catalogs, selector guides, decision trees, comparison charts, and data tables.
- Create datasheets, application notes, user guides, and training modules.
- Create presentation slides and other marketing materials that showcase product uses.
- Figure out how to put all these artifacts online in a way that educates customers and salespeople.
3. Present technical content generated to customers, tech service & sales (~30% of your time)
You will present the technical content you create to many stakeholders, effectively communicating complex information in a clear and concise manner to promote our products. Ideally, you will be able to do this directly with what you have created online.
Examples of activities:
- Presenting your technical content to customers, tech service, and sales.
- Communicating complex information concisely using appropriate techniques/tools.
- Articulating product features, benefits, and applications compellingly.
- Assisting customers, tech service, and sales in understanding and promoting products.
- Delivering engaging presentations to drive customer interest and sales.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
What mindset do you require?
Skills can be learned. Mindsets, though they can be learned too, are more often a part of who you are. We value the mindset at least, if not more, than either experience or hard skills.
- Curiosity – We want a person who is curious and hungry. Google is your best friend, and you might be secretly addicted to getting as much information as you can. Sometimes you Google too much 😉
- Data-driven – Our culture is a meritocracy. It encourages and rewards decisions that are made with data as opposed to seniority, intuition, or personal experience.
- Continuous Improvement – People and processes can always get better. We’re looking for someone who questions every process to see if there’s no room for improvement. Likewise, if you want to improve yourself, we offer money to support your continuous learning journey.
- Courage – Bosses make mistakes and colleagues aren’t always fair. That’s life. We’re looking for someone who may be afraid to confront these issues, but does it anyway.
What skills do you NOT need?
Before we list the skills you do need, it is important that you know what skills or experience we do NOT require:
- Complete Product Knowledge – You do not need to be a technical master with all the products we currently offer. If you want to learn, that is more important.
- Lots of work experience: This is meant to be an mid-level position where you will learn “knowledge” on the job. What we can’t teach – and value enormously is someone that is organized, analytical, curious, dedicated and getting all our info online.
What skills do you require?
We don’t even have any hard skills that are required. The ideal candidate would be one who:
- Has a technical degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, or a Bachelor of Science
- Is skilled at creating and organizing technical content
- Asks questions, then asks more questions, then asks even more questions
- Is very organized, and likes to have a place for everything and everything in its place
- Is very computer literate, and knows their way around Google Docs, Sheets & Slides (or Microsoft)
- Is a Google (and ChatGPT) power-user, forever asking Google questions to get new answers
- Has a professional level of written and spoken English (at least 9/10)
- Is optimistic, energetic, and loves to smile
- Pays attention to detail. The very last paragraph of this job vacancy has very important information. Be sure you read it twice before applying.
Skills not required, but that get bonus points (any of them count):
The job we have in mind may not require these skills, but they sure come in handy around here.
- An Engineering Degree: You do not need to be an engineer, but our products are by nature technical, so you will need to be able to grasp the concepts. If you want to learn, we’re able to teach.
- Fluency in Mandarin: We have several Chinese speaking suppliers; it’d be handy if you could communicate with them in their native language and create content in English.
- Love market research: There is always so much to learn in our industry. If you love to dig into the details and then can summarize what you’ve learned in PowerPoint or similar, we can use that too
WHY WORK FOR CAPLINQ?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for the growth of the company. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well-rounded experience: CAPLINQ offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
There is no need to send your CV unless it looks awesome and you want to impress us with how it looks. Otherwise, we will use your LinkedIn profile (better make sure it is complete!).
Instead, candidates wishing to apply are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- A link to your LinkedIn profile (not a CV)
- A one-page, personal cover letter
Let me repeat that last part in a different way… We are looking for people who stand out from the crowd with a well-written, enthusiastic one-page letter telling us why this position speaks to you and what you could bring to the team.
If all you do is send a CV (we told you not to), and no cover letter your application will be discarded without even being read.