THE NO-NONSENSE SUMMARY:
This position is intended for serious, hard-working professionals looking to be part of a multinational growth organization. Our product and service model has proven successful in USA, Europe, and Malaysia and we’re expanding our business into the Philippines. Reporting into the Philippines, you will be responsible for handling the bookkeeping, financial records, and accounts payable and receivable for CAPLINQ’s global operations.
- Process sensitive, confidential financial data with such attention to detail that the time spent on bookkeeping by your manager is limited to 1 day per week
- Process purchase & vendor invoices as well as expense reports in a correct and timely manner so that they can be paid within the agreed payment terms
- Keep accurate, up-to-date, and effective records of all documentation for easy retrieval of information
CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES | Candidate is able to:
- Accurately process confidential data using designated tools Exact & Quickbooks, Online & offline banking
- Meet regularly returning deadlines, by prioritizing, organizing, and planning work daily, while still staying flexible when needed
- Recognize inconsistency in data and work processes
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with colleagues, customers, suppliers, vendors and forwarders in English
- Being able to use digital tools and technologies to communicate, collaborate, and work efficiently
THE ROLE’S MISSION
Yes, you read that right – we’re looking for a SUPERSTAR. If the title sounds unconventional, it’s because CAPLINQ is too. We’re looking for that special someone who has not one, but two complementary skills – the amazing ability to be super meticulous (Detail-oriented, precise & organized) for administrative activities as well as an affinity for financial record keeping (enjoy bookkeeping, accounts receivable, & payables).
As a fast-growing multinational, we have decided to set up our office in the Philippines as our global service center. As such we need your assistance to help organize our fast-growing financial department located in Alabang, Muntinlupa.
Do you describe yourself as a proactive, super-organized, enthusiastic, administrative superstar who loves bringing your attention to detail to the process at hand? Then I encourage you to read on. If on the other hand, you’re already exhausted reading this, I recommend you take a nap and check out another job post.
So, what will you be doing?
The position and responsibility will grow along with you. As a small, but growing company, the role will be exciting for you if you enjoy a broad range of activities and aspire for career growth in a growing organization as you master the activities described hereunder.
1. Bookkeeping (about 50% of your time)
We have an accountant and a global controller, so the financial responsibilities will be only administrative in nature, so much more a bookkeeper than an accountant.
Examples of activities:
- Maintaining accurate records of financial transactions including purchases, receipts, payments, and invoices
- Reconciling bank statements and ensuring that all transactions are accounted for and properly documented
- Preparing and submitting expense reports for approval and processing
- Assisting with the preparation and monitoring of budgets and tracking expenses
2. Accounts Receivable/Payable (about 25% of your time)
You will be responsible for making sure that all the suppliers and vendors are paid and that all the customers have paid us in the agreed payment terms.
Examples of activities:
- Enter suppliers’ invoices and payment terms to ensure timely payment
- Enter vendor invoices and payment terms to ensure timely payment
- Send invoices and/or reminders to customers to make sure they pay their invoices within agreed payment terms
- Enter invoices and receipts for all the office supplies into the bookkeeping system
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions and ensure they are properly documented
3. Intercompany Activities (about 25% of your time)
The Philippines will be a service organization to support CAPLINQ entities globally as well as support its own Philippines business. You will be in daily contact with your global colleagues both in Asia as well as in Europe.
Examples of activities:
- Review and reconcile intercompany transactions and accounts
- Prepare and analyze intercompany invoices and billing statements
- Monitor and ensure timely payment of intercompany invoices
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
What mindset do you require?
Skills can be learned. Mindsets, though they can be learned too, are more often a part of who you are. We value the mindset at least if not more than either experience or hard skills.
- Curiosity – We want a person who is curious, and rarely satisfied with the first answer. If you find something that doesn’t agree with what you already think, then we want someone who wants to know why.
- Attention to Detail – We want a person who is organized, manages their time well, and has good observation skills. Hint! Don’t forget to read the last paragraph 😉
- Continuous Improvement – People and processes can always get better. We’re looking for someone who questions every process to see if there’s no room for improvement.
- Courage – Bosses make mistakes and colleagues aren’t always fair. That’s life. We’re looking for someone who may be afraid to confront these issues, but does it anyway.
What skills do you NOT need?
Before we list the skills you do need, it is important that you know what skills or experience we do NOT require:
- Product knowledge: You do not need to know anything about any of the products we sell, or any of the services we provide. All will be taught on the job.
- Logistics experience: You do not need to know anything about logistics, warehousing, or transport. Again, you will learn it all on the job.
JOB REQUIREMENTS | What skills do you require?
Very few hard skills are required. Candidates will be required to:
- Communicate (both verbal and written) well with inside personnel as well as outside vendors
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions in English (must be at least 8/10 in English)
- Use a computer, printer & tools to work effectively
- Be flexible with duties and tasks
- Be a positive team player
Skills not required, but that get bonus points (any of them count):
The job does not require these skills, but they are welcomed extras, be sure to mention them.
- Business Admin/Bookkeeping Experience: It’d be helpful if you already knew what you were doing
- Excel/Google Sheets Junky: We use a lot of Google Sheets still, so if you can help us, we can use it.
There is no need to send your CV unless it looks awesome and you want to impress us with how it looks. Otherwise, we will use your LinkedIn profile (better make sure it is complete!).
Instead, candidates wishing to apply are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- A link to your LinkedIn profile (OK, if you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, you can send your CV)
- A one-page, personal cover letter
Let me repeat that last part in a different way… We are looking for people who stand out from the crowd with a well-written, enthusiastic one-page letter telling us why this position speaks to you and what you could bring to the team.
If all you do is send a CV (we told you not to), and no cover letter your application will be discarded without even being read.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com