THE NO-NONSENSE SUMMARY: This position is intended for serious, hard-working professionals who are looking to be part of a multinational growth organization. Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, you will be the first point of contact for customers. Your responsibilities will include processing and planning orders, providing shipping rates, handling complaints, arranging deliveries, and invoicing Order Fulfillment services, from the moment of receiving the order until the moment of invoicing.
- Timely and efficient Order Fulfillment order handling & customer management
- Independently support customers by providing up-to-date, and profitable rates for available shipping options
- Prepare and process monthly and ad-hoc Order Fulfillment service invoices with attention to detail
CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES | Candidate is able to:
- Independently and proactively determine and keep track of stock levels and order schedules.
- Proactively, efficiently & effectively plan & keep track of Order Fulfillment shipments, inquiries, and stock levels.
- Create and follow written work instructions and work repeatedly with checklists to complete regular tasks.
- Act as competent backup for all NL Customer Service Representatives.
- Proactively, efficiently & effectively communicate in English with all stakeholders.
Yes, you read that right – we’re looking for a ROCKSTAR. The title may sound a little wacky, but it’s really quite true. We’re looking for that special someone that has not one, but two unique skills – amazing customer service skills plus the attention-to-detail-get-it done mentality.
As a fast-growing multinational, I’m not ashamed to admit we’re starting to come apart at the seams. Our products and services have found a sweet spot in the market, and now we’re struggling to maintain the high level of customer service that we want to give to our customers. At the same time, the processes that served us well for years are getting strained and we need to bring in fresh blood with fresh ideas to help us get them to the next level.
Do you describe yourself as a proactive, super-organized, enthusiastic, customer-oriented rockstar that loves bringing your attention to detail to the process at hand? Then I encourage you to read on. If on the other hand, you’re already exhausted reading this, I recommend you take a nap and check out another job post.
So, what will you be doing?
The position and responsibility will grow along with you. As a small, but growing company, the role will be exciting for you if you like working in a small team and having a lot of freedom to define your roles and responsibilities. No two days will likely be the same.
Broadly speaking, we currently have four major areas that have been identified by management as priorities for the coming fiscal year.
1. Customer Service (about 30% of your time)
In our Order Fulfillment business, we have two different kinds of customers. We have customers that make use of the Order Fulfillment services we offer but also have end customers that buy the products from our Order Fulfillment customers. We get phone calls and emails and you will often be the first point of contact for both kinds of customers.
Examples of activities:
- Answering the phone and replying to customer inquiries
- Taking ownership of Order Fulfillment email and answering inquiries
- Handling customer complaints — making them feel “loved”
2. Order Fulfillment Order Processing (about 50% of your time)
We are growing our Order Fulfillment customer base so this part of your responsibilities can also grow and change in the next year. Your job will be to process the incoming orders and assure that the warehouse has accurate information to dispatch the order in a timely manner and are handled 100% error-free.
Examples of activities:
- Processing orders through CAPLINQ backend system
- Sending Order Confirmations
- Communicating outbound orders with the Warehouse
- Maintaining correct inventory levels in the CAPLINQ System
- Planning best delivery dates
- Tracking Orders and Shipments and informing customers about any delays
- Making sure that all the information in the CAPLINQ system is correct and up to date
3. Providing up-to-date shipping rates (about 10% of the time)
We cannot succeed without profitable inbound and outbound shipping services. Based on customer inquiries your job will be to check up-to-date shipping rates and provide customers with correct and profitable prices.
Examples of activities:
- Replying to customer inquiries for shipping rates in a timely manner
- Communicate with forwarders
- Updating shipping rates in the CAPLINQ System
4. Administer and invoice Order Fulfillment services (about 10% of the time)
As being responsible for providing correct rates and shipping charges, as well as processing the orders for our Order Fulfillment services we also need you to take ownership of invoicing these services with attention to detail.
Examples of activities:
- Prepare monthly Order Fulfillment service invoices in Excel and Caplinq system
- Monitor and record provided services to be invoiced
- Communicate with customers and forwarders in case of discrepancies
- File shipping documents in an organized way
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
What mindset do you require?
Skills can be learned. Mindsets, though they can be learned too, are more often a part of who you are. We value the mindset at least if not more than either experience or hard skills.
- Curiosity – We want a person who is curious, and rarely satisfied with the first answer. If you find something that doesn’t agree with what you already think, then we want someone who wants to know why.
- Attention to Detail – In this position it is imperative to minimize mistakes by paying attention to detail. Hint! Don’t forget to read the last paragraph 😉
- Organized — We want a person who is super-organized, manages their time well, and has good observation skills.
- Data-driven – Our culture encourages and rewards decisions that are made with data as opposed to seniority, intuition or personal experience.
- Continuous Improvement – People and processes can always get better. We’re looking for someone who questions every process to see if there’s no room for improvement.
- Courage – Bosses make mistakes and colleagues aren’t always fair. That’s life. We’re looking for someone who may be afraid to confront these issues, but does it anyways.
What skills do you NOT need?
Before we list the skills you do need, it is important that you know what we skills or experience we do NOT require:
- Product knowledge: You do not need to know anything about any of the products we sell, nor any of the services we provide. All will be taught on the job.
- Logistics experience: You do not need to know anything about logistics, warehousing or transport. Again, you will learn it all on the job.
- Lots of work experience: This is meant to be an entry-level position where you will learn “knowledge” on the job. What we can’t teach – and value enormously is someone that is organized, analytical, curious, dedicated, and shows a high level of “stick-to-it-ness”. There’s always a better way, how do we get to it?
- Dutch: Honestly, we speak Dutch in the office, but to the outside world, it’s all English.
What skills do you require?
We don’t even have any hard skills that are required. The ideal candidate would be one who:
- Asks questions, then asks more questions, then asks even more questions
- Is very organized, and likes to have a place for everything and everything in its place
- Is very computer literate and very familiar with Google Workspace
- Is a Google power-user, forever asking Google questions for answers he/she doesn’t know
- Very good spoken and written English (at least 7/10)
- Is optimistic, energetic and loves a good challenge
- Pays attention to detail. The very last paragraph of this job vacancy has very important information. Be sure you read it twice before applying.
Skills not required, but that get bonus points (any of them count):
The job we have in mind may not require prior skills, but they sure come in handy around here.
- Customer Service Experience: If you already know how to effectively talk to customers, we can focus on other aspects of training.
- Fast Typing Skills: There is a lot of computer typing required, so if you can type quickly it would really make the job a lot easier.
There is no need to send your CV unless it looks awesome and you want to impress us with how it looks. Otherwise, we will use your LinkedIn profile (better make sure it is complete!).
Instead, candidates wishing to apply are requested to send an email to email@example.com that includes:
- A link to your LinkedIn profile (not a CV)
- A one-page, personal cover letter
Let me repeat that last part in a different way… We are looking for people who stand out from the crowd with a well-written, enthusiastic one-page letter telling us why this position speaks to you and what you could bring to the team.
If all you do is send a CV (we told you not to), and no cover letter your application will be discarded without even being read.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org