THE NO-NONSENSE SUMMARY: This position is intended for talented developers who like to have a direct impact on real-world business solutions. Reporting to the Senior Technical Lead, you will enjoy this position if you like working in small teams and to get continuous feedback as you implement solutions to real-world problems. Be sure to read to the end of the description to be sure you don’t miss an important detail.
The amazing ability to implement maintainable frontend functionality and components based on the CAPLINQ design system and UX/UI designs.
DESIRED OUTCOMES (max 3):
- Quickly and effectively translate UX/UI design to working Aurelia components
- Develop interfaces and user experiences to increase productivity and reduce manual work
- Independently investigate and solve problems (debugging)
CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES | Candidate is able to (max 5):
- Research, understand and implement best practices in the field of frontend development
- Work effectively with team members to understand & implement changes with attention to detail
- Use tools (NPM, Webpack) to optimize front end development process
- Understand and provide feedback for backend API changes to optimize for frontend
Yes, you read that right – we’re looking for a SUPERSTAR. If the title sounds unconventional, it’s because CAPLINQ is too. We’re looking for that special someone who has not one, but two complementary skills – the amazing ability to appreciate and interpret great UI/UX design as well as being able to implement these designs with your clean, simple code.
CAPLINQ is a small, fast-growing company and we’re looking for talented, team-playing individuals to join our team. We’re a different kind of company looking to find special people, so we also write our job vacancies in a way to attract similar like-minded people. We’ve been successful in Europe for 15 years, the USA for 2 years and have only recently expanded our operations to the Philippines and Malaysia.
In the description below, we try to give you an idea of exactly the kind of people we are looking for by listing the desired outcomes of the position and the desired competencies of the ideal candidate. If you find yourself nodding along with this description and see yourself as a perfect fit for this position, then I encourage you to read on. If on the other hand, you’re already exhausted reading this, I recommend you take a nap and check out another job post.
So, what will you be doing?
You will be working with the development team to create new or extend existing functionalities. Part of our applications still exist out of old PHP code which you and your colleagues will completely rebuild working closely together with our UX/UI designer.
Examples of activities:
- Create modern HTML pages from scratch
- Create CSS from scratch (we use SASS but do not use Bootstrap)
- Create reusable HTML elements based on our designs systems
- Give valuable feedback to the UX/UI teams as well as the backend team
2. Add integration testing and optimize developer experience (10% of your time)
Update our application with the latest and greatest packages with all security fixes and new features while making sure our application is backed by integration tests to make sure we can reliably publish those updates into production.
Examples of activities:
- Create an infrastructure for integration testing (You can suggest the framework)
- Update packages to use the latest versions available
- Optimize the frontend build process on Azure Devops
- Optimize and maintain the deployment of a new version with Octopus Deploy
- Update webpack configuration to optimize bundle sizes or update to latest version
3. Optimize public website (30% of your time)
Examples of current activities:
- Change the website menu design
- Update website search experience
- Optimize pages for SEO so our ranking on Google will improve
- Improve website performance
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
What mindset do you require?
Skills can be learned. Mindsets, though they can be learned too, are more often a part of who you are. We value the mindset at least if not more than either experience or hard skills.
- Curiosity – We want a person who is curious, and rarely satisfied with the first answer. If you find something that doesn’t agree with what you already think, then we want someone who wants to know why.
- Attention to Detail – We want a person who is organized, manages their time well and has good observation skills. Hint! Don’t forget to read the last paragraph 😉
- Continuous Improvement – People and processes can always get better. We’re looking for someone who questions every process to see if there’s no room for improvement.
- Courage – Bosses make mistakes and colleagues aren’t always fair. That’s life. We’re looking for someone who may be afraid to confront these issues, but does it anyway.
What skills do you NOT need?
Before we list the skills you do need, it is important that you know what skills or experience we do NOT require:
- Product knowledge: You do not need to know anything about any of the products CAPLINQ sells, nor any of the services we provide. All will be taught on the job.
- Aurelia framework: Although we heavily use the Aurelia framework to build our applications, it’s not required to have framework specific knowledge. If you have knowledge, great. If you don’t, but want to learn, also great.
- Lots of work experience: We are open to accepting entry-level candidates with the right mindset and can learn on the job. On the other hand, if you have a lot of experience, you are also encouraged to apply. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
What skills do you require?
Very few hard skills are required. Candidates will be required to:
- Pragmatic, analytical, results-focused. This is the basic requirement for the position.
- Be a positive team player. A positive attitude and energy feed the team and we can always use more.
- Pay attention to detail. The very last paragraph of this job vacancy has very important information. Be sure you read it twice before applying.
Skills not required, but that get bonus points (any of them count):
The job does not require these skills, but they are welcome extras, be sure to mention them.
- Aurelia framework: As mentioned several times already, Aurelia is important to create our frontend functionality, but it doesn’t necessarily need to be your strong suit.
There is no need to send your CV unless it looks awesome and you want to impress us with how it looks. Otherwise, we will use your LinkedIn profile (better make sure it is complete!).
Instead, candidates wishing to apply are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- A link to your LinkedIn profile (not a CV)
- A one-page, personal cover letter
Let me repeat that last part in a different way… We are looking for people who stand out from the crowd with a well-written, enthusiastic one-page letter telling us why this position speaks to you and what you could bring to the team.
If all you do is send a CV (we told you not to), and no cover letter your application will be discarded without even being read.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com