As an inside sales executive, or if you like to do your Internship with a salesplan.
Your role will be focused on sales and all tasks related to that. You enjoy being in touch with people, and busy helping them.
Especially handling incoming customer calls, call to customers from the database based on campaigns. Analyze and report current sales figures and goals for the future. Make quotations and process orders.
Sales is data, so 50% of your time you are busy updating data or analyzing data. Would you want to buy from someone that not knows what he or she is talking about? Or be the person behind one of those many advertisements you don’t care about?
You will need help from your colleagues and have no issues asking, ( and they like to help ) to support and grow sales internationally. We’re looking for someone who would describe themselves as organized, extravert, analytical and intellectually curious.
So, what will you be doing?
Contributes in daily sales activities (50% of your time)
- Respond and follow up on incoming inquiries, make a quick analysis of the opportunity and update activities in the database.
— Learn to make accurate quotations (together with customer service)
— Make follow up appointments to contact customers
— Map out entire customer landscape by size, region, opportunity
Carries out activities concerning market research and planning (40% of your time)
- Assembles information on product groups, clients and samples
— Analyse customers based on the checklist and report high potentials to the Sales manager.
— Analyses inquiries, sample requests, 1 item sales and file them in the database
Acquires and maintains client relationships (10% of your time)
- Initiate and carry out promotional activities
— Contacts clients actively after a campaign
Desired Skills and Experience
What mindset do you require?
Skills can be learned. Mindsets, though they can be learned too, are more often a part of who you are. We value the mindset at least if not more than either experience or hard skills.
- Competitive – Sales is game a game you want to win , always. Almost no matter what it takes… You have a natural drive to try to win the game. By the same time, you can handle a loss now and then.
- Curiosity – We want a person who is curious, and rarely satisfied with the first answer. If you find something that doesn’t agree with what you already think, then we want someone who wants to know why.
- Courage – People make mistakes, colleagues / customers…and you as their contact will sometimes receive the full blame. That’s not fair. That’s life. We’re looking for someone who may be afraid to confront these issues, but does it anyways.
- Continuous Improvement – Why are we doing this? Why is it going that way. Why does it make sense? You naturally look how we can improve as a company and as a team
What skills do you require?
Before we talk about hard skills, the ideal candidate would be one who:
- Listening and asking questions, the right questions…If you’re a good listener, that helps,… a lot
- You love communication and interaction with people. It doesn’t make you tired, it gives you energy
- You’re result driven. You get motivated by a good result and more motivated to make it better next time, especially when something went wrong ( that happens… )
- You’re precise, when it comes down to your offer, the end of a long trial of work… you’re sure it doesn’t contain errors.
- Is able to look take a step back and get the helicopter view to see the whole picture.
- Pays attention to detail. The very last paragraph of this job vacancy has very important information. Be sure you read it twice before applying.
This said, the ideal candidate would also have the following skills.
- Effective Communicator – This position demands collaboration. You won’t be able to do or get anything done alone. You will be an important voice to customers, managers, strong English communication skills, both verbal and in writing are required.
- Presentation Skills — We use PowerPoint a lot internally to storyboard our ideas, document our progress and to tell our stories and convey our messages. I hope you have been presenting at school or have some experience with that. You don’t have to be an expert…
Skills not required, but that get bonus points (any of them count):
The job we have in mind may not require these skills, but they sure come in handy around here.
- Excel: I’m not talking about adding data to a spreadsheet, but using many of the formulas
- Sales: You’re currently working in a sales environment, or have been next to your study. Can be anything, from food (waiter) to telesales.
- Volunteer: Any additional activity for your sportsclub/hobby, social community.
There is no need to send your CV unless it looks awesome and you want to impress us with how it looks. Otherwise, we will use your LinkedIn profile (better make sure it is complete!).
Instead, candidates wishing to apply are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- A link to your LinkedIn profile.
- A one-page, personal cover letter that makes us smile.
Let me repeat that last part in a different way… We are looking for people who stand out from the crowd with a well-written, enthusiastic one-page letter telling us why this position speaks to you and what you could bring to the team.
If all you do is send a CV (we told you not to), and no cover letter your application will be discarded without even being read.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com