THE NO-NONSENSE SUMMARY:
This position is intended for seriously-organized, detail-oriented team players who love to work in small teams and thrive on the satisfaction of getting things done. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be our first QHSE administrator and will be responsible for writing and administering the business processes related to Quality, Health, Safety & Environment. This position will have you working closely with every department within our company to ensure that the products and services we offer our customers meet the high standards they have come to expect. Be sure to read to the end of the description to be sure you don’t miss an important detail.
THE ROLE’S MISSION
Yes, you read that right – we’re looking for a ROCKSTAR. If the title sounds unconventional, it’s because CAPLINQ is too. We’re looking for that special someone who has not one, but two complementary skills – the amazing ability to be super meticulous (Detail-oriented, precise & organized) as well as an affinity for regulatory affairs (enjoy digging into ISO, PPAP, REACH, customer and supplier specifications and ensuring compliance).
Let me come right out and say that we welcome recent university graduates to apply, but if you think your experience and skill set are well-suited to the job description, and you grasp exactly all the concepts described hereunder — then you are also welcome to apply. The work is not rocket science, but you gotta love digging into quality and regulatory subjects and matching our processes with industry best practices. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and skill set.
Do you describe yourself as a proactive, super-organized, enthusiastic, multitasking “protocol panther” that likes to work with customers whose technologies will shape the next 20 years? Our customers are European and American manufacturers in the automotive, fuel cell, computer chip, hydrogen- & electric-powered vehicles industries, looking to define the next generation vehicles, batteries, iPhone- & Galaxy-parts and major infrastructure redesigns. Our customers will rely on you to make sure we are ISO-9001 certified and that our products, services and processes meet the highest industry standards. Cool, right?
We have committed to our largest customers to be ISO-9001 certified in 2021, which will make this your first number one priority. Does this type of work inspire and motivate you? Then I encourage you to read on. If on the other hand, you’re already exhausted reading this, I recommend you take a nap and check out another job post.
The QHSE Administrator administers our business processes related to quality, health, safety and environmental regulations so that they can be improved and implemented to ensure that the products and services we offer our customers meet the high standards they have come to expect.
- Use tools, processes & systems to achieve and maintain ISO9001 in 2021 and for 5 straight years
- Prepare and maintain a clear online presence of our current QHSE capabilities, tools and systems
- Administer and grow our regulatory businesses (REACH, SDS, PCN) by 20% per year for 5 years
CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES | Candidate is able to:
- Dig in to fully understand regulatory standards & requirements and how we can comply with them
- Articulate, document and publish many diverse business processes instructions in clear English
- Document & administer QHSE responsibilities (8D/PPAP/IMDS/audits/REACH/SDS/company form setups)
- Work effectively with team members & teach, train and support them on processes, systems and tools
- Plan, provide vision, and present direction to stakeholders about QHSE goals and objectives
So, what will you be doing?
The position and responsibility will grow along with you. As a small, but fast-growing company, the role will be exciting for you if you like working in a small team and satisfaction out of always finding new ways to do our work better, faster and more efficiently. No two days will likely be the same.
Broadly speaking, your work will revolve around the following three activities:
1. Obtain and maintain ISO certification (about 30% of your time)
We have committed to our customers and our suppliers that we will get and maintain ISO 9001 certification. In a nutshell, this means that we say what we do and do what we say. This ensures product and service consistency and keeps our customers coming back. (Kinda like ordering the best meal of your life at a restaurant and then having it always be amazing when you order it every time after that).
Examples of activities:
- Work with ISO certification company to become ISO9001 certified by December 2021
- Engage and lead the ISO9001 certification process with 3rd party
- Conduct “Continuous Improvement” processes and internal audits to improve processes and procedures
- Develop, improve and manage Caplinq’s business processes on Mediawiki
- Document and maintain ISO certification for coming years
2. Develop, execute and maintain QHSE procedures (about 40% of your time)
We receive regular inquiries from suppliers & customers asking us to complete various QHSE tasks including PPAP, IMDS, CoA, REACH, SVHC, etc (these terms are just the industry jargon, but a quick Google search will explain what each means). This requires coordination with internal partners, customers & suppliers.
Examples of activities:
- Control day-to-day operations including audits, meetings, trainings, documents and records
- Communicate with customers and suppliers on product quality issues
- Customer & supplier setups, quality agreements, PPAP, IMDS, CoA, CLP labeling & RI&E
- Prepare & maintain ROHS, SVHC & Halogen Statements (communicate with customer & supplier)
- Monitor and ensure QHSE compliance and introduce corrective and preventive actions
3. Develop and grow our regulatory business (about 30% of your time)
Regulatory affairs is a service business without any pushy sales people. We grow the business by being able to help our customers sell their products by being knowledgeable about regulatory affairs and providing them answers to their questions to help them sell their products to their customers. You will have responsibility for developing, maintaining and growing our REACH OR, SDS & Testing services businesses.
Examples of activities:
- Reviewing & developing our REACH, SDS & Test Services businesses
- Reviewing and signing REACH OR clients & SIEF agreements
- REACH Activities (OR Client Onboarding, ORO meetings, Planning, LoA, Registrations & Test Services)
- SDS Management (Business development, contracts, SDS authoring & languages)
- Stay updated on REACH, SDS & regulatory changes by attending industry events & conferences
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
What mindset do you require?
Skills can be learned. Mindsets, though they can be learned too, are more often a part of who you are. We value the mindset at least if not more than either experience or hard skills.
- Reliability — We want a person who is reliable. If agreements are not fulfilled, you will not only disappoint the team but also our customers and suppliers.
- Attention to Detail – We want a person who is organized, manages their time well, and has good observation skills. Hint! Don’t forget to read the last paragraph 😉
- Continuous Improvement – People and processes can always get better. We’re looking for someone who questions every process to see if there’s not room for improvement.
- Loves to write – Reading, understanding and writing (in English) will be your main activity. If you don’t like to review industry regulations and write recommendations and protocols, this is NOT the job for you!
What skills do you NOT need?
Before we list the skills you do need, it is important that you know what we skills or experience we do NOT require:
- Industry/Jargon knowledge: If you have read this far and found yourself Googling the terms above, then you already halfway there. You don’t need to know it ahead of time, you just have to want to learn it.
- Product knowledge: You do not need to know anything about any of the products we sell, nor any of the services we provide. All will be taught on the job.
- Lots of work experience: What we can’t teach – and value enormously is someone that is organized, analytical, curious, dedicated and shows a high level of “stick-to-it-ness”. There’s always a better way, how do we get to it?
JOB REQUIREMENTS | What skills do you require?
Very few hard skills are required. Candidates will be required to:
- Use a computer, printer & tools to work effectively
- Be extremely organized
- Have a large feeling of responsibility
- Be a good listener (for customers, suppliers and colleagues)
- Be a positive team player
- Read, speak and write in excellent English
Skills not required, but that get bonus points (any of them count):
The job does not require these skills, but they are welcomed extras, be sure to mention them.
- Experience setting up ISO-9001
- Experience with automotive quality standards
There is no need to send your CV unless it looks awesome and you want to impress us with how it looks. Otherwise, we will use your LinkedIn profile (better make sure it is complete!).
Instead, candidates wishing to apply are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- A link to your LinkedIn profile (Ok, if you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, you can send your CV)
- A one-page, personal cover letter
Let me repeat that last part in a different way… We are looking for people who stand out from the crowd with a well-written, enthusiastic one-page letter telling us why this position speaks to you and what you could bring to the team.
If all you do is send a CV (we told you not to), and no cover letter your application will be discarded without even being read.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com