LET CAPLINQ HELP YOU SELECT AND APPLY THE PROPER CLEANING AND CONDITIONERS FOR EPOXY MOLD COMPOUNDS FROM OUR RANGE OF MELAMINE AND RUBBER CLEANING PRODUCTS
When using Epoxy Mold Compound (EMC), what is the proper cleaning procedure to follow to ensure a proper mold cleaning, while avoiding wasting valuable production uptime? How many shots of melamine and/or mold conditioner are needed for a proper cleaning? These are the standard questions that we get asked regularly by new process engineers and operators.
Below is the recommended cleaning procedure:
- Step 1: Do 1–2 shots of Melamine Cleaning Compound to remove the heaviest of the remaining waxes and residues. Depending on whether you will use a compression-grade melamine or a transfer-grade we would recommend either MCL-C11 (compression-grade) melamine or MCL-T20 (transfer-grade) melamine.
- Step 2: Follow-up with 1–2 cycles of Rubber Cleaning Sheets to remove the remainder of the residue. We recommend either RCS 320, RCS 400, or RCS 530. You can compare our rubber cleaning sheets here.
- Step 3: Follow the cleaning cycle with 1–2 shots of an Epoxy Wax Mold Conditioner such as the MCN-T20 Wax Conditioning Pellet or using a Wax Conditioning Rubber Sheet such as WS300 Wax Conditioning Sheet or WS360 Wax Rubber Conditioner. Similarly, you can compare the epoxy mold compound wax conditioning options here.
- Step 4: Run 2 shots of dummy shots at 175°C for 90s @ 2 shots
- Step 4: Resume production as usual
Please visit us at www.caplinq.com to learn more about our whole range of epoxy molding compounds including our semiconductor-grade epoxy molding compounds, our fiberglass-reinforced industrial molding compounds, and our optically clear epoxy mold compounds (CMC).
We can also help support you to select and use the proper melamine-based epoxy mold cleaners, as well as rubber-based cleaners and conditioners. If you have any other questions about how best to clean your molds, the products you can best use to clean them, or the application methods of these materials, please feel free to leave a comment below, or don’t hesitate to contact us.