THE NO-NONSENSE SUMMARY: This position is intended for serious, hard-working professionals who are looking to be part of a multinational growth organization. Reporting to the QHSE Manager, you will be the first point of contact for all customers’ regulatory issues. You will also serve all CAPLINQ entities globally by monitoring the EU/Global Regulatory environment and ensuring compliance with CAPLINQ’s business, products, and services in each of our local markets.
- Maintain a deep understanding of regulatory standards & requirements and how we can comply with them
- Prepare for, maintain, and facilitate internal & third-party audits as necessary
- Administer and grow our regulatory businesses (REACH, SDS, PCN) by 20% per year for 5 years
CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES | Candidate is able to:
- Regularly reporting on compliance status and measures to both internal and external parties.
- Manage, document & administer regulatory responsibilities (8D/PPAP/IMDS/audits/REACH/SDS/CLP).
- Act as a liaison between CAPLINQ, local and international agencies and clients to submit required forms and paperwork.
- Analyze and register imported chemical raw materials in the EU and UK in accordance with the REACH guidelines.
- Manage, check, and process product registrations and check annual volumes, so that CAPLINQ and its clients are compliant with international and local legislations.
Yes, you read that right – we’re looking for a ROCKSTAR. The title may sound a little wacky, but it’s really quite true. We’re looking for that special someone that has not one, but two unique skills – amazing skills of understanding the regulatory environment related to chemicals plus the attention-to-detail-get-it done mentality.
As a fast-growing multinational, I’m not ashamed to admit we’re starting to come apart at the seams. Our products and services have found a sweet spot in the market, and now we’re struggling to maintain the overview of the changes in the Chemical Regulations and the high level of compliance that we need for our products and services. At the same time, the processes that served us well for years are getting strained and we need to bring in fresh blood with fresh ideas to help us get them to the next level.
Do you describe yourself as a proactive, super-organized, enthusiastic, customer-oriented rockstar that loves bringing your attention to detail to the process at hand? Then I encourage you to read on. If on the other hand, you’re already exhausted reading this, I recommend you take a nap and check out another job post.
So, what will you be doing?
The position and responsibility will grow along with you. As a small, but growing company, the role will be exciting for you if you like working in a small team and having a lot of freedom to define your roles and responsibilities. No two days will likely be the same.
Broadly speaking, we currently have four major areas that have been identified by management as priorities for the coming fiscal year.
1. Maintain regulatory affairs applicable to CAPLINQ business (about 40% of your time)
The scope of our business is around chemicals and the relevant Global Regulatory environment is continuously changing. You will be expected to monitor these changes and implement the required actions to ensure compliance of CAPLINQ products and services.
Examples of activities:
- Establishing processes and systems to ensure all substances, raw materials, and products of CAPLINQ are assessed, approved, and handled in compliance with applicable regulations
- Interface with Suppliers as necessary to clarify compliance aspects
- Anticipate emerging regulations and conduct impact assessments
- Prepare & maintain ROHS, SVHC & Halogen Statements (communicate with customer & supplier)
- Document and administer quality documentation and reporting (8D/PPAP/IMDS)
- Prepare technical documentation for CAPLINQ OEM products
- Implement & maintain CLP labeling process
2. Maintain and facilitate internal & third-party audits (about 20% of your time)
We are an ISO9001-certified organization and this means that on a regular basis, we have to audit if our internal processes are handled according to our Quality Management System. Our customers are entitled to audit our facilities as well to verify if their quality requirements are met. It is your job to plan and execute such events.
Examples of activities:
- Plan and execute internal audits according to the CAPLINQ audit program
- Facilitate external third-party audits in close collaboration with QHSE Manager
- Prepare or contribute to the final audit reports, which may include recommendations for system or process changes
- Conduct “Continuous Improvement” processes to improve internal processes and procedures
- Control the day-to-day operations including auditing, meetings, training, and updating documents and records for all aspects of the quality management systems
- Maintain Caplinq’s business processes on Mediawiki up-to-date and in compliance with ISO9001 standard
3. Administer and grow our regulatory business (about 40% of your time)
We provide REACH Only Representative services to non-EU manufacturers. Your job will include supporting our existing clients as well as onboarding new ones. Good and timely communication with all stakeholders will be essential.
Examples of activities:
- Sales Responsibility for REACH OR, SDS, PCN & Testing services via the ticketing system
- Managing onboarding of the new REACH OR clients
- Preparing registration dossiers with the support of external agencies, and file applications for chemical registration in the EU
- Manage yearly reporting for CAPLINQ and its clients in the EU and UK in accordance with the REACH guidelines
- Stay updated with regulatory changes regarding REACH
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
What mindset do you require?
Skills can be learned. Mindsets, though they can be learned too, are more often a part of who you are. We value the mindset at least if not more than either experience or hard skills.
- Curiosity – We want a person who is curious, and rarely satisfied with the first answer. If you find something that doesn’t agree with what you already think, then we want someone who wants to know why.
- Attention to Detail – In this position, it is imperative to minimize mistakes by paying attention to detail. Hint! Don’t forget to read the last paragraph 😉
- Organized — We want a person who is super-organized, manages their time well, and has good observation skills.
- Data-driven – Our culture encourages and rewards decisions that are made with data as opposed to seniority, intuition, or personal experience.
- Continuous Improvement – People and processes can always get better. We’re looking for someone who questions every process to see if there’s no room for improvement.
- Courage – Bosses make mistakes and colleagues aren’t always fair. That’s life. We’re looking for someone who may be afraid to confront these issues, but does it anyways.
What skills do you NOT need?
Before we list the skills you do need, it is important that you know what skills or experience we do NOT require:
- Product knowledge: You do not need to know anything about any of the products we sell, or any of the services we provide. All will be taught on the job.
- Lots of work experience: This is meant to be an entry-level position where you will learn “knowledge” on the job. What we can’t teach – and value enormously is someone that is organized, analytical, curious, dedicated, and shows a high level of “stick-to-it-ness”. There’s always a better way, how do we get to it?
- Dutch: Honestly, we speak Dutch in the office, but to the outside world, it’s all English.
What skills do you require?
The ideal candidate would be one who:
- Has been responsible for compliance of materials & products with global Chemical Regulations (CLP, REACH, transport)
- Asks questions, then asks more questions, then asks even more questions
- Is very organized, and likes to have a place for everything and everything in its place
- Is very computer literate and very familiar with Google Workspace
- Is a Google power-user, forever asking Google questions for answers he/she doesn’t know
- Very good spoken and written English (at least 7/10)
- Is optimistic, energetic and loves a good challenge
- Pays attention to detail. The very last paragraph of this job vacancy has very important information. Be sure you read it twice before applying.
Skills not required, but that get bonus points (any of them count):
The job we have in mind may not require prior skills, but they sure come in handy around here.
- Experience in EU REACH: If you have a proven track record of successful dossiers’ submissions
- Knowledge of UK REACH: If you know the basics of UK REACH or have been involved in DUIN submissions.
- Master’s Degree in Scientific disciplines: Master of Science, Chemistry, or equivalents.
- Fast Typing Skills: There is a lot of computer typing required, so if you can type quickly it would really make the job a lot easier.
There is no need to send your CV unless it looks awesome and you want to impress us with how it looks. Otherwise, we will use your LinkedIn profile (better make sure it is complete!).
Instead, candidates wishing to apply are requested to send an email to email@example.com that includes:
- A link to your LinkedIn profile (not a CV)
- A one-page, personal cover letter
Let me repeat that last part in a different way… We are looking for people who stand out from the crowd with a well-written, enthusiastic one-page letter telling us why this position speaks to you and what you could bring to the team.
If all you do is send a CV (we told you not to), and no cover letter your application will be discarded without even being read.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org