905 Specialty Cleaner
- Water based specialty cleaner
- Enhances adhesion of Aculon coatings
- For almost all metallic and oxide containing surfaces
Aculon's 905 Specialty Cleaner is a water-based cleaner designed for use on almost all metallic and oxide-containing surfaces. It is not designed for use on copper, brass, tin, or silver. While not designed specifically for glass or ceramic, this cleaner should not harm those substrates.
This cleaner serves as a pre-treatment and is used to get the substrate to a water-break-free condition to enhance the adhesion of Aculon's coatings.
Advantages of 905 Cleaner
- Gentle enough for many substrates
- Ensures metal substrates are back to the native oxide layer for proper adhesion
| Specific Gravity |
Specific gravity (SG) is the ratio of the density of a substance to the density of a reference substance; equivalently, it is the ratio of the mass of a substance to the mass of a reference substance for the same given volume.
For liquids, the reference substance is almost always water (1), while for gases, it is air (1.18) at room temperature. Specific gravity is unitless.
How to apply NanoProof 1.0
STEP 1 ⇨ CLEAN
STEP 2 ⇨ TREAT
STEP 3 ⇨ DRY
|Parts must be sufficiently clean before treatment for proper bonding and effective application. This can be accomplished by first degreasing the surface with solvents/rinsing with IPA.|| |
Dip - Fully submerge the substrate in a diluted bath of 1:4 ratio by volume of cleaner to DI water. After heating the cleaner to 40° - 50°C, submerge the parts for 5 minutes
To dry, blow dry the surface using an oil-free air source.
Wipe - Saturate an absorbent clean cloth with the solution and wipe the area with moderate force for 1-3 minutes. Then, rinse with DI water for at least 60 seconds and ensure the substrate is water break free.
- For dip applications, dip containers should be stainless steel or glass.
- Clean all equipment with water.
- Coat the substrate as soon as possible after cleaning to prevent recontamination.