LinqSil S-100 | Silicone Mold Release Spray
- Silicone based Mold Release spray
- Green label
- Compatible with Epoxy Mold Compound
LinqSil™ S-100 mold release is a high-performance, high operating temperature mold release agent designed to release epoxy, epoxy mold compounds, polyurethane and polyester resins from their molds. Used extensively in active and passive semi-conductor molds, transformers, inductors, relays, and electro-medical applications; this versatile spray can be used in hot and cold curing systems.
LinqSil™ S-100 is a Silicone based mold release with incomparable part release characteristics and outstanding rust proofing characteristics. Despite being silicone-based it is completely compatible with epoxy molding compounds, as well as liquid hot- and cold-curing epoxy-, polyurethane and polyester resins. EPDM, Nitrile, thermoplastic molding, flexible or rigid integral foams can potentially work but there are better alternatives for them that we can explore if you contact us.
LinqSil™ S-100 has been designed not to char or burn at high temperatures, making it extremely well suited for high temperature molding. It has been used successfully in applications running as hot as 200C. Despite being extremely well suited to high temperature applications, no heat-treatment is required to activate the mold release, so it it equally well-suited to cold-curing or room-temperature curing chemistries.
| Color |
| Flash Point |
The flashpoint of a solvent is the lowest possible temperature at which it can vaporize to form an ignitable vapor.
Flashpoint is often confused with “autoignition temperature”, which is the temperature at which a solvent ignites without an ignition source.
|Temperature Range||260 °C|
This mold release spray can be used even with complicated moldings, to achieve perfect separation. It builds on any mold, which is why expensive mold cleanings remain limited to a minimum. Contours and dimensional stability of the forms are not altered by LinqSil S-100. It is equally good for use on metal as well as plastic molds. This silicone lubricant does not mix at all with epoxies and is tailored to transfer molding processes that operate in high temperatures.
Our product has an excellent lubricating effect which has three main benefits:
- the life of the mold is prolonged
- the demolded parts have a beautiful finish surface
- very thin, or highly flexible or sensitive parts do not rip or tear on removal
Current commercial applications of LinqSil S-100 include:
- Epoxy Molding Compound Mold Release for Active Semiconductors (ICs, TQFPs, BGAs, etc.)
- Epoxy Molding Compound Mold Release for Passive Semiconductors (resistors, capacitors)
- Mold Release Agent for transformers, inductors, relays, and electro-medical applications
- New Mold Break-In
- Incomparable Part Release Characteristics
- Outstanding Rust Proofing Characteristics