LOCTITE EDAG PF 021 E&C
- Encapsulating Photopolymer
- Prevents Silver migration
- Fast UV Cure
LOCTITE EDAG PF 021 E&C encapsulating photopolymer is designed to secure low profile surface mount devices (SMD) to rigid or flexible substrates. It is particularly effective for use as a physical and environmental protection of the mounted device.
LOCTITE EDAG PF 021 E&C is a UV curable, clear thermoplastic with a fast UV cure that prevent silver migration and physically protects SMD. It offers ease of process and dot dispensing with a max operating temperature of 204°C.
| Viscosity |
Viscosity is a measurement of a fluid’s resistance to flow.
Viscosity is commonly measured in centiPoise (cP). One cP is defined as
the viscosity of water and all other viscosities are derived from this base. MPa is another common unit with a 1:1 conversion to cP.
A product like honey would have a much higher viscosity -around 10,000 cPs-
compared to water. As a result, honey would flow much slower out of a tipped glass than
The viscosity of a material can be decreased with an increase in temperature in
order to better suit an application
| Elongation |
Elongation is the process of lengthening something.
It is a percentage that measures the initial, unstressed, length compared to the length of the material right before it breaks.
It is commonly referred to as Ultimate Elongation or Tensile Elongation at break.
Recommended UV Cure
Light Dose, Joule/cm2: 0.4 to 1.0
For thicknesses >2.0 mils, a longer wavelength bulb is required e.g. Fusion "D". UV measurements were made with an EIT radiometer.
How to use:
- Product is ready for use but should be mixed thoroughly using a plastic spatula. (Syringe-packed material needs no mixing).
- Mix smoothly from bottom of container , being careful not to whip air into the product.
- LOCTITE EDAG PF 021 E&C should be applied in a glob over the entire surface if small devices, or along the outside leads of large devices.
- Its viscosity is designed to conform to the device and flow out over the substrate just prior to UV curing.
- Dot dispensing equipment should be selected based on the exact application, i.e., device size and production speed.
- Uncured resin may be cleaned with Isopropanol,