PTM 7950-SP | Phase Change Paste
- 0.04 Thermal Impedance
- 8.5 Thermal Conductivity
- Paste form
PTM7950SP is the paste version of PTM7950, a super highly thermally conductive Phase Change Material (PCM). It is designed to minimize thermal resistance at interfaces, maintain excellent performance through reliability testing, and provide scalable application at a competitive cost. Based on a novel polymer PCM system, PTM7950 exhibits excellent interface wettability during typical operating temperature ranges, resulting in extremely low surface contact resistance. PTM7950SP is designed for automatic stencil printing manufacturing process, which largely helps with productivity and could be printed as low as 0.1mm. Check the comparison with pad version, PTM7950SP needs extra drying steps after being printed and before assembly.
Available Versions: (Check the difference between pad and paste version)
- PTM7950 Pad, easy apply and no drying steps
- PTM7950-SP, paste version for automatic stencil printing
- PTM7950-SPS, paste version with slow drying solvent
- Super low thermal impedance (TI vs Pressure Curve PTM7950)
- Silicone-free, no pump out, bleed out, dry out issue
- Industry proven superior long-term reliability (Reliability Report PTM7950)
- Min BLT~20um, typical BLT is below 50um (BLT vs Pressure Curve PTM7950)
- 30~40 psi pressure is needed for usage (PCM Application Note)
Highly Recommend For:
- Power modules/inverters in e-mobility and power distribution
- High performance IT/enterprise computing devices
- Consumer electronics, high performance IC
- High powered LEDs
Know More about PTM7950's superior thermal performance and long-term reliability.
| Specific Gravity |
Specific gravity (SG) is the ratio of the density of a substance to the density of a reference substance; equivalently, it is the ratio of the mass of a substance to the mass of a reference substance for the same given volume.
For liquids, the reference substance is almost always water (1), while for gases, it is air (1.18) at room temperature. Specific gravity is unitless.
|Thickness range||0.25 mm|
| Volume Resistivity |
Volume resistivity, also called volume resistance, bulk resistance or bulk resistivity is a thickness dependent measurement of the resistivity of a material perpendicular to the plane of the surface.
| Thermal Conductivity |
Thermal conductivity describes the ability of a material to conduct heat. It is required by power packages in order to dissipate heat and maintain stable electrical performance.
Thermal conductivity units are [W/(m K)] in the SI system and [Btu/(hr ft °F)] in the Imperial system.
|Thermal Impedance||0.04 °C·cm²/W|
Honeywell PTM7950 is one of the most successful TIM products used in high power inverters and high performance computing devices. Ultra-low thermal impedance with minimum achievable BLT and superior long-term reliability make PTM7950 stand out from the competitors. PTM7XXX series also presents stability among vertical applications and pass automotive standard vibration test (Check the Vibration & Shock Test Report), thus PTM7XXX is currently widely used in automotive applications such as power inverters.